If you feel like you need strength today, remember this:


"For see, today I have made you strong like a fortified city that cannot be captured, like an iron pillar or a bronze wall. You will stand against the whole land— the kings, officials, priests, and people of Judah. They will fight you, but they will fail. For I am with you, and I will take care of you. I, the Lord, have spoken." (Jeremiah 1:18-19)

Jeremiah was called by God to tell his nation of their sin. Imagine what kind of stress he felt that he was under. I mean, no big deal, he just had to call everyone out and hope they would repent. Easy, right? Absolutely not. He was scared. He was nervous. He probably made himself sick with worry. Is everyone going to hate me? Am I going to be killed because I make someone so angry? Will I have to move? Can I do this? 

That's the biggest one I'm sure he struggled with. Can I do this?

And you might be struggling with that too. 

I don't know what that looks like for you. Maybe you just don't know if you can make it one more week at this job that you hate. Maybe you just don't know if you can take one more day of this pain of loneliness that you feel you're swallowed by. Maybe you feel like if one more thing breaks or if one more unexpected bill comes your way, you're going to be out on the streets. 

I get it. I've been there too. Jeremiah gets it. He has definitely been there to. 

But something amazing happens when you surrender your own strength and let God fight for you. Victory. 

When you tap out, when you say I'm out of strength, when you say "Take it from here!" God says "What took you so long?"

You see, he wants to carry you. You're his child. He wants to fight for you. He wants you to be victorious against the things that you feel are defeating you— bills, your boss, your spouse, your kids, your family, thoughts of depression or suicide. Whatever it might be, God can stand against it. God can fight for you, God will fight for you, and God will win for you. Believe it. Soak it in. Now go and be a voice. Go and be a mouthpiece for His glory. Just like Jeremiah. And He will lift you up, at just the right time, just like He did for Jeremiah. 

Comments

Popular Posts